Here are some volunteer opportunities available around the bay area. Volunteer opportunities will help you get acquainted to the field of medicine and give you more experience.
The following is a list compiled by the Medical Explorers Team of hospitals with volunteer opportunities available.
- Good Samaritan Hospital Junior Auxiliary
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Volunteer Services
- Kaiser Permanente (Santa Clara) Volunteer Services
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital: If you’re 16 years of age and older, you’re eligible to become a volunteer. Pediatric programs, the Emergency Department and the Ida and Joseph Friend Cancer Resource Center at Mount Zion have a minimum age requirement of 18. Students between the age of 14 and 18 may participate in the High School Student Summer Volunteer Program. Applications for the summer program are available during the first week of April.
- Lucile Packard’s Children’s Hospital at Stanford: To participate as a volunteer at Lucile Packard’s Children Hospital, you are required that you be at least 16 years of age and committed to volunteer for approximately three hours per week for six months on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Stanford Hospital
- El Camino Hospital: Orientation and training are provided, and volunteers benefit from free access to hospital resources, including classes offered through the education department. It’s a wonderful job for an outgoing individual who enjoys interacting with people and likes to be active.
- Palo Alto Medical Foundation: There are several exciting volunteer opportunities available at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation (PAMF) Mountain View Center. Adult volunteers are needed to greet and guide patients to make their visits more comfortable and efficient, and help with various tasks throughout the clinic, such as assisting patients in the Urgent Care Center, and staffing our health resource center and information desks.
- Palo Alto Clinic: PAMF’s Palo Alto Center Volunteer Program is currently seeking dedicated volunteers who can help us put a smile on every patient’s face and add a personal touch to the care patients receive.
- Abilities United: 494-1481 (ask for volunteer coordinator) for Abilities United.